Sunday, February 14, 2010

mini's are changing...........

i wanted to share my thoughts........ and ofcourse this blog is the way i can ...... in a fuller form more than fb.......after alot ALOT of thought...and trust me , i have taken a while to reach this decision, as i felt i was letting people down etc...and i am way tooooo much of  a "pleaser" type...... but its time to do whats right for my business and i have decided to make march the final month for mini sessions as they are ............i have been completely overwhelmed with the response to them last year.......... and it totally took me by surprise........ as my plan was quite simply to do a little marketing idea that would perhaps give me the odd weekday session once my little corey starts preschool in january.......( that was my thought at about august last year ) ...........well...... i would have to say that from mini sessions alone i have now met over 100 babies!!!!! all the space of august-xmas !!!! so as you can imagine.....thats alot of work !!!!!!
i still want to be able to offer alternatives to clients, and will do special monthly deals, where the mini's may pop up again......... but as far as having them as a permanent option...... i'm afraid not.
i can see my work/style has changed and has blossomed over the last few months.......... and i'm now very aware of what style photographer i am ( trust me, us photographers fight with ourselves about defining what we are .....emotional -creative types...hahahaha) and really want to focus on giving TIME and QUALITY to each family i have the pleasure of meeting................ i am starting to feel that mini's make me rush and alot of the time is turning into a style thats not 100% me .......... as i prefer to spend time with each client ( be it , child or family) and have shots in their own environment, and then on location............ dont get me wrong, i enjoyed every single one i have done last year !!!! and met some very amazing people who i still keep in touch with !!! but focusing on giving ONE family a perfect experience, rather than the minimum 4 ........ makes for a lot less work .......and with two little ones, i have to think about that , as i am sure some of you can understand............
wow i hope that makes some sense ..... knowing me ,i was babbling...............!!!
i dont feel the need to justify, i just wanted to explain !!!!!
those who know me know how much i want to NOT be one of those crazy expensive photographers...... but i just need to charge more than i do for the mini's and focus on full sessions and giving the FULL service of printing etc too...

thanks for stopping by to take the time to read my babble.............

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sam
    I have really enjoyed your personal and business journey over the past year! you have come such a long way and have success written all over you!
    I look forward to seeing you reap all the magic you have been sowing.
    Natxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a sign of growth, and proof that you want to do the best for your clients and those who have also become your friends. Follow your heart. The love that you put into your work (not to mention your unique talent and inventiveness) is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sam....
    I think you have made a very hard but great choice....you can look at it as quality over quantity...I would much rather pay a bit more but have you focus on just me and my family and get better pics.....and like you say you can do the mini sessions as promos here and there if you need to. You have put in the hard yards and got your name out there, I think this is a great next step:) Good luck and I look forward to following your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sam,

    I didn't realise 'Mini's' were going but what a great marketing strategy they were!! I absolutely agree with where you are coming from and I think they were a great introduction to what you can do for many people (including me and Eva!). We would absolutely pay for the quality service and magic that you deliver.
    That is amazing progress for your business!

    ReplyDelete