Saturday, July 17, 2010

personal ramblings......... my big boy

well, i thought i would get a quick ramble in before i head to bed............ again its midnight and thats when i get all my good ideas....... hahaha....sleep is never one of those ideas....although i need it desperately!!!
my thoughts have been here , there and everywhere, and with getting things printed for work....branding etc....and new projects happening.....my mind is fairly occupied........ but thats not what this post is about.........
this is a post as a mum........ not a photographer......... as all i can think about is that my big boy, my first born, my beloved bean, and my bestest little friend in the whole wide world is about to turn 5, and i am finally realising that he is not a ''preschooler'' , a ''toddler'' or a ''baby'' anymore .... :(
it brings tears to my eyes, and i guess only mums who have kids at school will understand this...........but wow.

i am so proud of this wee man, he is wise beyond his years, and is my little buddy and although we can butt heads too...... ( he is very much like his father to look at, and majority of his cruisy, mellow personality, but he got some of my fiesty-ness in there too......) and are as stubborn as each other..................i will feel rather lost without him ........... i have work, and a rather beautiful little angel 2 yr old to keep my company, but there is something about that first born.............and a son especially............. my bean, i love you , and i am so proud of you , and although you are more than ready for 'big school' , and are sooooo excited........ mummy will pretend to be........  :) i'm sure i will soon get into the swing of it all ...hahaha.....but for now........... i'll watch you sleep and count your wee spatter of freckles across your cheeks on that perfect little pale complexion.........as thats bound to be the only times i can get away with it..............without being told...'mummy stop staring '..........but always being followed with a 'mum i love you ' .................
my bean.   xoxoxooxxo
this cheeky little face will soon be exposed to big kids, the big bad world, and school uniforms..........
the countdown has begun......4 weeks till his first day of school.............





















xoxoxooxo
mummy

4 comments:

  1. Beautifully said, I feel the same way about my son, though he is my second born! Lovely pictures he looks like such a happy boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the magic of turning five, cheers Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe Bean is nearly 5! I still remember playing cars with a little 1 year old. Just think now you'll have fun things to do like helping with homework and going on class trips!Oh and I stole this photo layout of him, too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh the joys .....hehe.....
    thank you kelly and marie
    ....and joey....little thief...hahahaha.....you are welcome to it aunty jo :)

    ReplyDelete